Motor Vehicle Accidents

Bicycle Injuries   |   Motorcycle Injuries   |   Pedestrian Injuries   |    Tractor-Trailer Injuries


If a car hit you – either while you were in another car or truck, riding a bike or motorcycle, or just walking along – it almost feels lucky when an insurance company offers you a settlement.

When you get that offer, it may even feel good. You might be relieved an insurance company got involved. Otherwise, you’d have to file a claim with your car insurance company – if you’ve got uninsured-motorists coverage. But you may also feel hassled or bullied by the insurance company, which may attempt to lay blame on you. They may treat you this way to make you think you have no option but to accept their offer.

If you receive an offer from the insurance company that makes you skeptical, you are right to feel that way. Insurance companies are businesses, but they are not in the business of being generous, and their offers are often unfair.

Their offer won’t cover your medical treatment and bills, time off work, or any other costs of getting your life back on track. You might also qualify for compensation for pain, suffering, mental anguish, and future medical treatment.

You’ve got three years from the day of the crash to file a car crash lawsuit against a private party, but the sooner you do it, the better. The earlier you engage with us, the sooner we can help you navigate your path toward healing.

We guarantee that the compensation we recover for you will be more satisfying than the insurance company offers.

So, before you accept that insurance offer, give us a call. After we listen to the details of your crash, we will work with insurance companies and any other involved parties on your behalf. And help get you right again.

The law protects your right to compensation for damage done to you by another. Our experienced team of legal professionals will take care of you.




What Do I Do After a Car Crash?

Make a Doctor Appointment – Get Checked Out: Even if you feel okay at the time of the collision, a doctor should examine you as soon as possible. After a stressful event like a car crash, hormones such as adrenaline can mask injuries. Within a few days of the collision, you might feel sore and dizzy and have headaches, vision problems, and mood changes. Hang onto your medical records and take photos of your injuries.

File a Police Report:You’ll need to give the police info they’ll need to find the liable driver – and get their contact and insurance information.

Keep Records – Preserve Evidence: Collect evidence related to the scene. If you’re unable to do it yourself, ask someone to help you gather:

  • Car make, model, color, and license plate number
  • Medical records
  • Names and contact info for any witnesses
  • Names, addresses, and insurance info of driver and vehicle owner
  • Photos of the scene, injuries, and condition of the bicycle
  • Police report
  • Your bike, helmet, shoes, clothes

Contact Weems Hazen Law: Let us duke it out with the insurance company on your behalf. An insurer may use your words against you to argue for a reduced settlement. Leave them to us. We are skilled advocates who will see you well compensated for the damage you’ve endured.

What can Weems Hazan Law do for me in a car crash lawsuit?

After listening to your story and addressing your concerns, we will:

  • Stay in touch with you throughout the claim
  • Investigate what happened
  • Identify all liable parties
  • Pursue compensation from the liable parties and their insurance providers
  • Settle your claim through negotiations; or
  • Take your case to trial if the settlement remains unfair



Weems Hazen Law

Request a free consultation

We’re ready to help you get your life back. Call or text us at 505.247.4700 or tell us more about your situation below for prompt evaluation.

Submission of this form does not create an attorney-client relationship and is only a request to speak with a lawyer about your case. These requests may not be reviewed by an attorney and do not establish an attorney-client relationship unless specifically stated by Weems Hazen Law.