If another driver was careless and you were injured while riding your motorcycle, you will face the prejudice that motorcycles and motorcycle riders are dangerous, so you must be partially at fault. But we understand that even the most experienced and careful motorcycle rider is still at the mercy of other motorists and road conditions.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Motorcyclists are about 30 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash per vehicle mile traveled
- Motorcyclists are 18 times more likely to suffer injuries when compared to passengers in a passenger vehicle
- More than 38,000 people died in Fatal Single Vehicle and Motorcycle Crashes from 1975 through 1999 alone
- 4,957 motorcyclists were killed in 2012 alone, a 7% increase from 2011 Up to 60% of the fatalities occur during nighttime hours due to reduced visibility and drowsiness of drivers of the passenger vehicle
- While motorcyclists only account for less than 2% of all registered motor vehicles in the United States, sadly motorcycle crashes account for over 5% of all crashes annually
These statistics show how crucial it is to have proper legal representation if you or a loved one has been in a motorcycle crash.
Some of the worst motorcycle crashes occur because other drivers simply do not look for motorcyclists while driving or they do not respect the motorcyclists they see on the road. The injuries caused by motorcycle crashes can range from life-changing injuries. These injuries can include anything from minor injuries to paralysis as a result of spinal cord injuries, amputation, traumatic brain injury (TBI), psychological trauma, and even death. These injuries can lead to expensive medical bills, lost income, and time spent away from work.
We serve injured people and their families to make sure your rights are protected.
We are here to fight back against the misunderstanding and misperceptions that will be used against you. Whether your injuries are big or small, Weems Hazen Law has years of experience to make sure you get the justice you deserve. Those responsible for your injuries have the duty to compensate those they have harmed, and Weems Hazen Law is prepared to hold them to this responsibility. Our offices offer free, initial consultations. Your injuries matter to us and we will do what it takes to fight for your rights.
You are protected by law and have the right to compensation if you have been harmed by the negligence of others. Our experienced team of legal professionals will make sure you get the justice you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.