Bridget wasn’t born in the Land of Enchantment, but she is proud to call New Mexico home. She is grateful for all of that our state provides to her and her family, including the opportunity to serve as an empathetic champion of those who’ve been wronged. Bridget easily relates to her clients and is invigorated by advocating for their best interests.
Bridget graduated from the University of Washington as a commissioned officer in the United States Air Force, with a BA in History. After moving to New Mexico in 2004, she oversaw the personnel staff of the Air Force Research Laboratory at Kirkland Air Force Base where she also a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator. After separating from the Air Force, Bridget founded Nest Realty, which became one of Albuquerque’s most reputable and highest-performing real estate brokerages for ten years.
Despite the success she enjoyed in Real Estate, Bridget had dreams of studying the law . As a young mother, Bridget decided to go to law school . Bridget enrolled at University of New Mexico School of Law and started clerking for law firms and the Bernalillo County District Attorney. After graduating with honors, Bridget knew she wanted to represent injured people and their families, particularly in complex medical malpractice and catastrophic injury lawsuits. A quick and ambitious learner, Bridget is known and respected for her work with clients living with life-altering brain injuries among other serious injuries.
Bridget is a fixture in the Albuquerque business community, having been involved with Albuquerque Economic Development and several leadership positions with the Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors. During her time of the Board of Directors for The Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors, Bridget assisted in the establishment of the Realtor Endowment Fund which continues to contribute hundreds of thousands of dollars to local nonprofits.
Currently, Bridget serves on the board of the New Mexico Women’s Bar Association and coaches students in negotiation and client counseling at the UNM School of Law. She also holds memberships in the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, National Trial Lawyers, American Association for Justice, Albuquerque Bar Association, the US Districts Bars of New Mexico and Colorado, and several sections and groups in the different organizations. She is a proud member of Albuquerque Involved and gives countless hours to volunteering inside and outside of the legal field.
When she is away from the office, Bridget finds balance by spending time with her family, running in the mountains, and boxing. Bridget is committed to healthy living and has a daily yoga practice.
MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- National Trial Lawyers, Member
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Deposition College Certificate
- New Mexico Bar Association
- Albuquerque Bar Association
- US District Court, District of New Mexico, Admission
- US District Court, District of Colorado, Admission
- New Mexico State Bar Small and Solo Law Firm Section
- New Mexico State Bar Trial Practice Section
ONGOING COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- UNM School of Law Annual ABA Negotiation Competition Coach
- UNM School of Law Annual ABA Client Counseling Competition Coach
- New Mexico Women’s Bar Association, Board Member
- Albuquerque Involved, Member
PAST COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND AWARDS
- US Air Force Sexual Assault Response Coordinator
- Oliver Seth Award for Excellence in ADR, UNM School of Law
- Junior League, member
- Albuquerque Economic Development
- GAAR Board of Directors
- Realtor Fund Endowment, (Founder)
- GAAR Ombuds
- GAAR L.E.A.P. Leadership Committee
- Top 10% Producer Award, GAAR,
- GAAR Community Volunteer